March 02, 2013

If you refuse to put your jacket off in the baggage check...

On your way from check-in counter to gate your plane is parking on, baggage chec counter always inhibit you. You must put your belongings on a rolling machine so that its content will be examined by security officers (it must be more than 1 person, for your security). You also have to put your belt, coat, jacket, shawl, and stuffs off and put it there. Then, you walk to a security metal machine so that the machine can examine you. After that, a real security man/woman will examine your body.
But sometimes, you are too lazy to put your jacket/coat off. It can be because of winter, or other reasons. I was. On my way in gate D07 Schiphol on Feb 20, 2013, I wore a thick black coat, a thin t-shirt, and a piece of warm clothes. I didn't intend to put my thick coat off. And as you have thought, the process of baggage check took longer time. Here is what I did:

I said to the security officer: 'I can't put my coat off because I am wearing not proper clothes. I am really sorry, can I?'
The security officer: 'Yes you can. Please go to that area (pointing to a small room with curtain)'
Then I went to that area and she asked me to put my coat off before she checked my body. One another security wiam also came in and brought my jacket to be examined by the machine.
And that's all. Nothing to be worried about.

Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ANY COMMENT?